Outside Sales Representative
Duties and Responsibilities
- Scheduling appointments and meeting existing customers in order to review product requirements, and to determine other opportunities.
- Effective planning to conduct sales presentations by meeting customers physically on daily basis.
- Designing professional demonstrations or presentations of company products while on-site.
- Liaising between the company and the customers for up-to-date pricing and new products.
- Generating and developing new accounts in order to increase revenue, through cold calling.
- Continuously updating customers on company product modifications, changes, and enhancements.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge on new products and procedures by attending training meetings.
- Maintaining professionalism, diplomacy, sensitivity, and tact to portray the company in a positive manner.
- Effectively attending conferences and trade shows.
- Using marketing data to maximize sales effectiveness and efficiency by using relevant sales tools.
- Preparing reports for sales and marketing and maintaining expense accounts.
- Updating and maintaining customer accounts including contact names, numbers and e-mail.
- Providing product quotes to customers as needed.
- Ensuring follow-up after passing leads to managers with complete profile customer information, calls-to-action, sources, dates.
Skills and Specifications
- Capable of preserving confidential or sensitive information.
- Effective time management, organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Special people skills to deal with customers and an outbound personality.
- Able to prospect new accounts.
- Very strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Very good team player and should work well under pressure.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Proven forecasting and customer service skills.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a sales or marketing related field from an accredited institution, or comparable work experience.
- Knowledge of the commercial chemical and cleaning products industry preferred.
Qualified candidates may submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.